No events in your selection
Office of Northern Australia
Northern Australia is a region of rich promise, accessible resources and pristine environments and is Australia's gateway to the markets and opportunities of Asia. The Office of Northern Australia (ONA) is a conduit between all levels of government, industry and the people of northern Australia and provides advice and initiatives to drive economic growth and investment.
From its base in Darwin, ONA coordinates the implementation of the White Paper on Developing Northern Australia, which sets out key policies and initiatives to drive growth in the north through;
- the better use of land and water resources
- a welcoming investment environment
- improved governance and reduced regulatory burden
- investment in infrastructure to lower costs for businesses and households
- a skilled workforce that meets the growing needs of the north
- enhanced air, land and sea transport links to, from and within the north.
Actions will be taken in each of these key areas in partnership with those who live, work and do business in northern Australia, to build on the successes of the north and to ensure opportunities continue to be realised.